Party Like a Pineapple
Taking a great bath can be a celebration as well as relaxing. If you are lucky enough this year to have a bathtub, I hope you take a few minutes to celebrate YOU! Instead of the traditional red and green, pine scented situation, why not veer off a little and celebrate island style? According to an author on Huffington Post, pineapples are the new Christmas trees. I love it! BTW, pineapple is the only known source in nature of the enzyme Bromelain. Bromelain actually digest proteins… so when you eat pineapple. It’s essentially eating you back! Eat it with heavy proteins (aka steak) and it aids in digesting the proteins. Eat it after carbs (pasta) and watch out for a tummy ache. Bromelian is used in many beauty products and is considered a very good ingredient. I do know people who are topically allergic to pineapple but I remember reading that if the pineapple is cooked (canned / bottled / pasteurized) that the enzyme is destroyed so it doesn't cause a the expected reaction in the gut or in the mouth. Hmmm... food for thought.
So for your holiday bath try some invigorating colors and scents, throw a few pineapples in the day and have a great holiday season!
- Water temperature: whatever floats your pineapple boat...
- Bath ingredients: Holiday 2017- Fig Blossom Creamy Bubble Bath & Body Wash by Arbonne. Enjoy the scent of fig, cottonseed, and juniper.
- Face Mask: Herbivore’s Brighten Pineapple Enzyme + Gemstone Instant Glow Mask. This brightening mask exfoliates skin for an instant glow.
- Music: One hour of New Age Island Music. A little bit reggae a little bit electronica.
- Body Moisturizer: Chill Out Kid shea butter moisturizer found on Etsy.
- Wash up with: A festive honey and gold DIY soap bar.
- TUBSKY™ Print Idea: pineapples!